We are trial lawyers, not just litigators. Whether to a jury, before a judge or in arbitration, we efficiently prepare and present complex commercial cases. The Firm’s Litigation partners include former partners at AmLaw 100 firms—Jack Coffey, James Kurz, Virginia Whitner Hoptman and Rob Marino. Dan Rinzel is the recipient of the Attorney General’s Distinguished Service Award for his work as a U.S. Department of Justice trial attorney.
While the Firm’s business litigation experience is national, we emphasize our representation in the Alexandria federal court and in the Virginia state courts, including the Circuit Court for Fairfax County. These courts are not only fast-paced but well-versed in the complex business issues associated with the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area, especially issues linked to federal government contracting and to the information technology and pharmaceutical industries.
Commercial Litigation Resume
The following are examples of our representation in the Commercial Litigation arena:
- Defense in the Circuit Court for Fairfax County of an international software solutions provider for breach of contract for website development.
- Representation in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia of a system integrator on multi-million dollar breach of contract claims against a defaulting sub-contractor on a New York state contract.
- Representation of a Plaintiff technology trade association on a breach of fiduciary duty and conspiracy claims in the Circuit Court for Arlington County.
- Defense against trade secrets, copyright, DMCA, and conspiracy claims brought against a search software provider in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
- Defense of a federal government contractor in the Circuit Court for Fairfax County against multi-million dollar fraud and business conspiracy claims brought by the former president of a subsidiary company.
- Representation of a Pacific island nation to reclaim its internet domain top-level country code.