Redmon, Peyton & Braswell can assist you in the following areas:
- Corporate taxation including compliance issues, mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, dividend transactions, subsidiary and common control issues, controlled foreign corporations, and personal service corporations.
- Tax accounting including uniform capitalization issues, fiscal year issues, and methods of accounting.
- Income taxation of estates and trusts.
- Taxation of partnerships and flow-through entities including disguised sale transactions 704(b) and (d) allocations.
- Taxation of international transactions including compliance with Treasury regulations regarding offshore accounts.
- Capital gains and losses including like-kind exchanges, business property, casualty loss situations, allocation of basis issues and involuntary conversions.
- “S” corporations including long term gain issues, eligibility issues, conversion and merger issues, and capital event issues.
- Estate Tax, including valuation, planning and compliance issues, and Gift Tax, including valuation, planning and compliance issues.
In the non-profit tax area, we can assist you with tax exemption issues, exemption compliance issues, and formation of non-profit entities such as associations, foundations, charitable trusts, and public charities.
Much of our tax practice is in transaction planning, estate planning, and business planning, and also in the areas of compliance work, and preparation of returns for trusts, estates and individuals. We do tax controversy work, including audit representation before local, state and federal tax agencies, and can assist you in personal or corporate tax disputes before the Internal Revenue Service, state tax authorities, and in tax litigation before the U.S. Tax Court, the Court of Federal Claims, the U.S. District Courts, state courts and appellate courts.
Whether your tax matter involves questions of income tax, estate tax, ad valorem tax, excise tax, sales tax, use tax, real property tax or a controversy with tax authorities, we have the wisdom to help you resolve it.