At Redmon, Peyton & Braswell we handle a number of issues for businesses from start-up to equity event.
We can help you choose the right business model for your business in the best way to meet your goals and tax situation. Whether it’s a corporation or limited liability company or limited partnership or non-profit corporation, we can direct you through this set of issues.
We can work with you to prepare and review contracts and assist you in contract negotiations.
We can help you with negotiations with lenders or new partners. We represent lenders and borrowers in negotiating and documenting secured transactions.
Mergers and Acquisitions
We can help you with that equity event. We have handled spin-offs, split offs, stock mergers, assets sales of businesses, bulk sales of inventory, installment sales, debt transactions, and the tax issues involved in those deals.
Non-Profits and Religious Organizations
Representation before taxing authorities in getting exempt status from the Federal and state governments and dealing with real estate and zoning issues for same.
- Cash sale of a $13 million corporation with a split off to a French publicly traded company.
- Outbound stock merger of U.S. Corporation with British publicly traded company.
- Asset purchase of $1 million US corporation by a U.S. publicly traded company.
- Asset purchase of an on-going commercial business by another local company.
- Long term business purchase by employees using an ESOP.
- Representation of a church before the local governing body regarding special use permit and abandonment of right of way.