Daniel F. Rinzel
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Business Formation
- Criminal Defense
- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School (1968)
- B.A., Marquette University (1965)
Mr. Rinzel’s extensive litigation experience includes 15 years as a trial attorney, section chief and deputy assistant attorney general in the United States Department of Justice where he supervised and conducted grand jury investigations, trials and appeals throughout the United States involving criminal and civil violations of federal civil rights laws. He was a recipient of the Attorney General’s Distinguished Service Award and the Senior Executive Service Meritorious Award.
Mr. Rinzel has litigated numerous cases, including complex commercial disputes, government contract disputes, intellectual property matters, commercial landlord disputes, fiduciary litigation, real estate matters, construction and mechanics lien cases, injunctions, and violations of non-competition agreements. He has represented companies and individuals responding to federal grand jury investigations and federal agency investigations. He has tried cases in a variety of forums in federal and state courts in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Mr. Rinzel served for 10 years as Chief Counsel and Staff Director of the Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, United State Senate, where he supervised investigations and organized hearings on such diverse matters as health care fraud, domestic and offshore money laundering, international drug trafficking, organized crime, and embassy security.
He has been an adjunct faculty member at the Columbia School of Law, Catholic University, Washington, DC where he taught courses on trial and appellate practice, as well as a lecturer at the University of Wisconsin Law School, Harvard Law School, and the FBI National Academy.
He has served as a member of the Virginia Conservation and Recreation Board, Virginia representative to the Local Government Advisory Committee of the Chesapeake Executive Council, the Virginia Attorney General’s Task Force on Gangs and Youth Violence, and as President and Chairman of the Board of Directors, Mount Vernon/Lee Chamber of Commerce.
Daniel Rinzel and his wife Anne live in the Mount Vernon area of Fairfax County.
- Rinzel Law Offices, Washington, DC (1999-2002)
- Leonard Ralston Stanton & Danks (1995-1999)
- Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, US Senate (1984-1995)
- US Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division (1969-1984)
- Wisconsin Legislative Council (1968-1969)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Courts of Appeal for the 3rd, 8th, 5th, and District of Columbia Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Virginia and the District of Columbia
- State Courts of Virginia, District of Columbia and Wisconsin
Bar and Professional Memberships
- Virginia State Bar, District of Columbia Bar and State Bar of Wisconsin
- Past President of the Wisconsin Bar Nonresident Lawyers Division