Robert M. Marino
- Bankruptcy & Creditors Rights
- J.D., Georgetown University Law School, cum laude(1986)
- B.A., LeMoyne College,
- summa cum laude (1983)
Robert M. Marino has thirty-two years of experience representing clients in all aspects of insolvency-related matters, from the simple Chapter 7 bankruptcy case to the complex Chapter 11 reorganization or liquidation. His experience encompasses matters outside of bankruptcy as well, handling financial workouts and a variety of general creditors’ rights issues. Attorney Marino joined Redmon, Peyton & Braswell, LLP as a partner in May 2007.
Mr. Marino has represented or assisted in representing a variety of corporate and partnership debtors in cases under Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 of the Bankruptcy Code. He has also had extensive experience representing bankruptcy trustees, examiners and creditor’s committees in large business reorganization cases. Mr. Marino has also represented a variety of creditor clients in cases under the Bankruptcy Code and has had extensive experience representing secured creditors and landlords in such cases. Finally, he has represented or assisted in the representation of prospective purchasers of assets in a variety of cases under Chapter 11.
Mr. Marino has had significant litigation experience in cases commenced under the Bankruptcy Code, including the prosecution and/or defense of: preference and fraudulent conveyance actions brought under federal and/or applicable state law; motions seeking relief from the automatic stay imposed under section 362 of the Bankruptcy Code; actions to determine the validity, priority and extent of liens; actions to determine the value of secured claims; proceedings to convert or dismiss cases commenced under the Bankruptcy Code; proceedings seeking the appointment of a trustee or examiner in a case under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code; and a wide variety of proceedings dealing with plan confirmation issues in Chapter 11. He has also had appellate experience in the United States Courts of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the District of Columbia.
- Partner, Redmon, Peyton & Braswell LLP (2007-Present)
- Counsel, ReedSmith LLP (1994-2007)
- Associate, Hazel & Thomas, P.C. (1986-1994)
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia State Bar
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Virginia and the District of Columbia
Bar and Professional Memberships
- Virginia Bar Association
- Northern Virginia Bankruptcy Bar Association (Board Member and Past-President)
- Walter E. Chandler American Inn of Court (Master)
Honors and Accolades
- 2017 Washingtonian Magazine Top Lawyer
- 2015 – 2018 Virginia Super Lawyer
- 2008 – 2017 Legal Elite by Virginia Business Magazine
Robert M. Marino has an AV® Preeminent™ rating in the District of Columbia and Virginia from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating possible.