Carrol H. Kinsey, Jr.
- Federal Government Contracts
- Federal Government Ethics
- Federal Lobbying Disclosure
- Compliance and Reporting
- Arms Export Compliance
- J.D., College of William and Mary (1979)
- B.A., University of Virginia (1976)
Carrol Kinsey has provided legal advice and assistance to Federal agencies, individuals and corporate clients on a variety of Federal government-related matters, including Federal government contract law and litigation, lobbying disclosure and reporting, and Government ethics for over thirty-five years. While in private practice after retiring from Federal service in 2004, his practice encompassed all phases of the Federal government’s acquisition process, including advice on the preparation of bids and proposals, the negotiation, protest, and defense of contract awards, and the administration of contract performance, including disputes, claims, and appeals. Carrol has also represented clients in arms export compliance, employment law, and environmental, legislative, and government relations matters.
During the last fourteen years of his 25-year Federal career, Carrol served as Chief Counsel at the Treasury Department’s Bureau of Engraving and Printing where he provided Bureau executive staff with representation, legal advice, and assistance in a wide variety of subject matter areas, including labor/management and employee relations, government contracting, environmental compliance, occupational safety and health, government ethics, and general administrative law.
He also served as an Army reservist for over 20 years and retired as a Colonel commanding the District of Columbia Army National Guard’s Legal Support Office, supporting the Office of the Chief Counsel of the National Guard Bureau. He received various decorations during his military service, including the Army Commendation Medal, the Joint Service Commendation Medal, and the Legion of Merit.
- Van Scoyoc, Kelly & Roberts, PLLC (2004-2013)
- Chief Counsel, Bureau of Engraving and Printing, U.S. Department of Treasury (1990-2004)
- Office of the General Counsel, U.S. Office of Personnel Management (1982-1990)
- Active Duty, U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps (1979-1982)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- State Courts: Virginia and the District of Columbia
Bar and Professional Memberships
- Virginia State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- American Bar Association
- Alexandria Bar Association
Carroll H.Kinsey practices in Virginia and the District of Columbia.